Live-In Home Care For Independence, Freedom, and Peace of Mind
What is a Live-In Caregiver? A caregiver or senior helper that provides, or is available to provide care giving services throughout the day, sleeps in the client’s home and is available for assistance at night. A live in home health care giver is usually what is meant if a doctor recommends “24 hour care”. Live In Care should be strongly considered for persons living alone experiencing: cognitive impairment, such as forms of dementia and memory failures, and/or physical disabilities preventing proper hydration, meal preparation, toileting, self‑administration of medications, or in need of supervision and companionship.
- The vast majority of seniors over age 65 (90%) want to “age in place”‑‑grow older without having to move from their homes.
- More than half (53%) are concerned about their ability to do so.
- More than two out of three baby boomers provide care and assistance to their parents.
- Live-In Care is a cost effective means to live at home, and not in a facility.
Live-In Caregiver Program
There is no better place for a loved one to receive care than in their own home. Live‑in home care is the affordable alternative to in home nursing home care and assisted living. If you or your loved one suffers from a chronic condition or is recovering from an injury, illness, or surgical procedure, live‑in home care can help you maintain your independence, freedom, and peace of mind.
Live‑In Home Care Benefits
- Quality of life
- Continuity of care
- Home is where family and friends are or can easily visit
- Feel safer in familiar surroundings
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Enhance physical and mental well‑being
- Continue daily routines in comfort
- Live‑in caregivers provide companionship and peace of mind
- Costs less than most nursing homes and is competitive with assisted living facilities
- Provides loved ones with the peace of mind that help is at hand.
Live-In Caregiver Agency
A Better Living Home Care understands that finding the most compatible caregiver for you or your loved one is the most important choice. We are skilled in the art of matchmaking and can provide you with a reliable and compassionate live‑in caregiver suited to you. Feeling assured that your specific needs are being looked after while you can benefit from your familiar surroundings will enhance the quality of your life.
When is Live-In Care Needed?
If you or a loved one has any of the following conditions and lives alone Live in care should be a top priority.
- Cognitive impairment, such as Alzheimer’s, dementia or memory-impairment. Have they gotten lost? Would they know what to do in an emergency? Have they left the stove on?
- Physical or cognitive disabilities preventing them from maintaining proper hydration. The effects of dehydration are rapid and severe.
- Physical or cognitive disabilities preventing meal preparation and consumption.
- Cannot use the toilet without assistance and lives alone.
- Prone to falling. A leading cause of hospitalization among seniors.
- Cannot properly self-administer medications due to cognitive or physical impairment. Forgets to take their medications, or forgets that they took their medications.
- Recovering from an illness or surgery and is temporarily disabled and needs assistance throughout the day and occasionally at night.
- Overwhelmed by daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Living isolated and alone.
Services Provided by a Live‑In Caregiver
Special Needs Live‑In Care
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care
- Stroke & Brain Injury Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Care
- Hospice Cancer Care
- Respite Care
- Elder Care
- And more…
Personal & Companion Live‑In Care
- Bathing, Grooming, & Hygiene
- Wheelchair/Walker assistance
- Toileting, Incontinence Care, Ostomy & Catheter Assistance
- Medication Reminders & Assistance
- Tasteful Meal Preparation
- Feeding Assistance
- Light Housekeeping & Laundry
- Appointment Scheduling
- Transportation and Accompany to Appointments
- Errands & Shopping
- Comforting Companionship
- Pet Care
- And many more…See our Home Care Services Page
Better Living’s Community of Professional Caregivers include:
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Home Health Aides
- Personal Care Attendants
- Companion Homemakers
If live‑in home care by a compatible and compassionate caregiver is right for you, or want to learn more please contact us. We can arrange care over the phone, or schedule a free in‑home consultation. Our Compatibility Guarantee ensures your 100% satisfaction. A Better Living Home Care is here to provide you and your family with the comforts and peace of mind you deserve.