Caregiver Needed to Care for Quadriplegic Woman in Concord
Compensation: $20.00+ / hour
Employment classification: contract
Term: Full-time preferred including days/weekends/nights/evenings
Next-step and maybe last-step in your career search:
Have you been in search of a home care agency with a reputation for providing friendly, professional services and did we mention outstanding caregivers to our clients, physicians and the senior care community? Meet A Better Living Home Care! We have been serving the Contra Costa and Alameda counties for 18+ years; are locally owned and operated by a Registered Nurse.
Your New Career Position:
Your new position is support for a quadriplegic woman who lives with her daughter and requires total care.
You must have experience in the following areas:
- Working with a quadriplegic who requires total assist with transfers
- Experience transferring a client using a Hoyer lift
- Experience with emptying and cleaning a Foley catheter
- Willingness to assist with household chores
- Knowledge and experience in providing excellent skin care
- Experience assisting a client with eating
- Experience and training in taking vital signs
– Two years of professional experience working with home care clients
– Experience working with a paraplegic or quadriplegic client
– A current California Driver’s License
– An automobile with current California registration and insurance
– A current (within the last two years) TB test and physical are required
– Registration with the California Home Care Aide Registry
You are a very reliable, trustworthy, caring professional with an outstanding work ethic and a commitment to excellence in client care. You can pass a rigorous DMV and criminal background check. You understand that flexibility is important when working with clients at home and will consider working some weekends.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please call Elaine at 925-680-5190. We look forward to hearing from you.